Thomas B. Crosbie
Email [email protected]
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., Columbia University
If you need an attorney who thinks like a business owner, look to Tom Crosbie. More than most attorneys, Tom examines legal issues from a business perspective to ensure that the result is sound from both a strategic and legal point of view. He is highly engaged with his clients and provides a rare level of passion and commitment.
Tom has extensive experience in a broad variety of commercial real estate areas, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, leasing and construction in connection with commercial, residential, industrial, retail and mixed-use projects for local, regional and national real estate developers and investors. Tom has negotiated the purchase and sale of numerous commercial properties throughout the United States and he is uniquely qualified to anticipate and address the needs of his clients in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate.
“My goal is to make sure stakeholders across the organization understand how subtleties in the law can impact a project so they can move as quickly as possible without putting them at financial risk.”
On the development front, he has vast expertise in all aspects of ground-up development and redevelopment projects, including drafting and negotiating development agreements, CC&Rs, REAs, construction contracts and design contracts for commercial, industrial, multi-family residential and mixed-use projects. On the financing front, Tom has worked as counsel to numerous borrowers and lenders regarding all aspects of commercial loan transactions and work-outs in connection with all major property types.
Professional & Community Involvement
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter
- “Lawyer of the Year – San Diego,” Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers (US News & World Report) (2021)
- “Best Lawyers in America — San Diego,” Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers (US News & World Report) (2018-2021)
- San Diego Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2016-2020)
- “Best of the Bar,” San Diego Business Journal (2015-2016)
- “Top Attorney,” Real Estate & Construction Transactional, San Diego Daily Transcript (2014)