Email [email protected]
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
Intellectual Property Law Bulletin, Editor
- B.A., Political Science, University of San Diego
A skilled and experienced litigator, Sean Gaffney has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in all phases of trial work and alternative dispute resolution. He prides himself on his ability to settle difficult matters in a cost-effective manner, but he is equally adept at litigating aggressively where necessary to protect his clients’ interests.
His expertise spans the breadth of California real estate law, including:
- Claims arising from failed real estate transactions and development projects
- Removing clouds on title
- Landlord/tenant disputes
- Corporate/partnership/LLC governance disputes
- Easements/adverse possession claims
- Construction and property management insurance coverage disputes
- Fraud/warranty claims arising from residential real estate transactions
- Construction defect and delay claims
- Eminent domain and public/government construction claims
I enjoy resolving disputes on terms tailored to the particular needs and interests of my client. I take equal pride in my ability to develop creative approaches that yield favorable early settlements and my expertise in fashioning successful strategies for protracted litigation.
Prior to joining CGS3, Sean was a member of the commercial litigation group at Procopio Cory Hargreaves & Savitch LLP in San Diego. He began his career with the boutique litigation firm Davidovitz & Bennett LLP in San Francisco.
Professional & Community Involvement
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program (pro bono work)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member