Marjorie J. Burchett
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of California
Marjorie brings extensive experience and a “can-do” approach in residential, commercial, mixed-use and master-planned real estate developments. She understands the intricacies of real-estate secured finance construction and permanent loans, purchase and sale and leasing transactions without getting hung-up by issues that have little value. Her no-nonsense approach to getting deals done has made her a go-to advisor for developers, lenders, receivers and individual investors on issues related to all types of planned communities including urban high-rise and mixed-use developments, and has specialized in subdivision processing with the California Department of Real Estate.
“I enjoy the process of collaborating with clients and consultant teams and believe in a team approach to getting projects done in the most efficient, strategic and effective way possible. I always take the long view of the projects I handle, considering all stakeholder views and what needs to be done to ensure their continued success.”
Marjorie is no stranger to the San Diego legal community, having grown her career at Luce Forward and McKenna Long (now Dentons). Immediately prior to joining CGS3, she was a partner in the San Diego offices of Withers Bergman LLP. She has acted as national counsel to institutional investors, providing counsel on all aspects of the acquisition, rehabilitation and leasing of their holdings. Additionally, she has a special interest in title insurance matters and has co-authored a CEB treatise on the subject. She frequently speaks on an array of real estate topics, and enjoys sharing her knowledge and experience with others and is active in industry groups and committees for the benefit of her clients.
Marjorie is actively involved in the San Diego community. Her deep passion for helping improve the lives of the less fortunate leads her to serve in many ways, including a camp for orphans in Baja California, where she spends a week each summer.
Professional & Community Involvement
- California Building Industry Association (CBIA)
- Legal Action and CBIA BRE Committees
- Downtown San Diego Partnership, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- YMCA San Diego Camps Board of Management, Facilities/Capital Committee and Real Estate Task Force
- San Diego Building Industry Association, BRE Committee
- NAIOP, Member
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- State Bar of California, Real Estate Property Law Section, Executive Committee, Southern California Real Estate Finance Subsection
- San Diego County Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, Financial Lawyers Team
- CEB Program Department, Real Property Advisory Committee
- Continuing Education of the Bar, Joint Action Committee Real Property Subcommittee
- KPBS former chair, Corporate Development Committee and Community Advisory Board
- San Diego Commercial Real Estate Women
- San Diego County Bar Association Foundation
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell