Email [email protected]
- J.D., University of Chicago
- B.A., Harvard University
Greg takes a bottom-line and sensible approach to resolving real estate disputes. Before embarking on costly and lengthy litigation, he examines all options to identify alternative strategies that will achieve his clients’ goals and provide certainty in an uncertain process for most businesses.
Greg’s perspective about business disputes is predicated on his view that litigation is a business tactic that should be avoided whenever possible. When litigation is the only option, decisions on how to proceed should be based on a thorough cost-benefit analysis that is sensitive to the specific client-situation and mindful of a potential settlement.
“When business disputes arise, it is important to understand the business objectives first. I help clients evaluate all their options to come up with the best strategy for resolving problems.”
Greg represents real estate investors, owners and property management companies looking to minimize risks that lead to litigation and defending them forcefully when disputes cannot be avoided. His strengths include:
- Disputes arising out of broken real estate purchases and sales and investments
- Disputes arising out of breaches of representations and warranties
- Building issues related to construction, liens and easements
- Commercial landlord/tenant disputes
- Title, zoning, entitlements and boundary disputes
- Loan workouts, trustee’s sales/foreclosures and disputes relating to loan agreements, promissory notes and deeds of trust
Prior to joining CGS3, Greg managed his own law firm and was a partner at Hecht Solberg Robinson Goldberg & Bagley LLP, a real property and business boutique law firm in San Diego. He started his career in Chicago as an attorney at Kirkland & Ellis. Having devoted his entire career to resolving real estate and business disputes, Greg understands the business of real estate and leverages his deep understanding of and relationships within the commercial real estate sector to add maximum value to CGS3 clients.
Greg has served on, chaired, and provided pro-bono legal advice to several not-for-profit boards of directors.
Professional & Community Involvement
- State Bar of California, Real Property Section Co-Chair and Executive Committee Member (2009-present)
- San Diego Super Lawyers, Business Litigation (2017-2020)
- “Top Influentials,” Daily Transcript(2019)
- “2017 Top Lawyers,” Business Acquisitions, San Diego Magazine(2017)
- “San Diego’s Best Attorneys,” San Diego MetroMagazine(2015-2016)
- “Top Attorney,” Real Estate & Construction, San Diego Daily Transcript(2015)
- AV Preeminent Rating, Business Acquisitions / Commercial Disputes / Litigation / Real Property Law, Martindale-Hubbell