Many lawyers talk about their ability to look at a matter from the client’s perspective, but Fernando Landa actually walks the walk. That’s because, as a former general counsel, he’s been a client himself. A rising star in the San Diego legal community, he has been recognized for his quick intellect and ability to provide business owners with efficient solutions to complex issues where law and operations meet.
Fernando specializes in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate assets. Focusing on transactional real estate matters, Fernando has represented a variety of landlords and lenders in the financing, leasing, purchase and sale of hotels, office, industrial, retail, and mixed-use developments throughout the country.
“The line between law and business is increasingly blurred. I look at every deal from both perspectives.”
Fernando possesses a unique expertise in distressed real estate workouts and the sale of commercial real estate assets, handling the sale of nearly $1 billion dollars of real estate assets through the judicial process over the last five years. Representative transactions include the liquidation in receivership of Ever-Read Properties’ holdings, a portfolio of over thirty gas stations and convenience stores located in New Mexico, and the receivership sale of a Class A mixed-use regional mall and office building in Huntington Beach, California.
Professional & Community Involvement
- California Receivers Forum, Vice President, San Diego Chapter
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter
- Building Industry Association of San Diego County
- “San Diego’s Top 40 Under 40,” San Diego Metropolitan Magazine (2011, 2015, 2017)
- “Rising Stars,” San Diego Super Lawyers (2016-2018)
- “40 Under 40”, The Daily Transcript (2016)
- “Top Attorney,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2015)
- “Morning Star Award” Recipient, State Bar of California, Real Property Section (2014)
- “REXIE Office Transaction of the Year” Recipient (representation of Trigild in a 207,000-square foot office lease), NAIOP Inland Empire (2012)
- “Top Corporate Counsel,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2011)
- “Associate of the Year,” San Diego Building Industry Association (2010)