Email c[email protected]
- J.D., Loyola Law School
- M.B.A., Loyola Marymount University
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
Chris Rizza holds dual JD/MBA degrees and has created a reputation for being a business-oriented, no-nonsense real estate attorney. A former in-house counsel to a private real estate development company with over a decade of “big law” experience, Chris has combined his business acumen with a comprehensive legal skill set that gives him a unique advantage in leveraging deal points and balancing business and legal considerations on every deal.
The mainstay of Chris’s practice is leases, acquisitions, dispositions, development agreements, and related real estate transactions spanning across all of the major asset classes including industrial, office, retail, and mixed use. On the landlord/developer side, he represents a “who’s who” among REITs, institutional investors, pension funds, and development companies. On the tenant side, he represents national and regional tenants, as well as individual closely held businesses.
“I strive to support my clients every step of the way, applying my experience, business insight, and real estate market knowledge to balance the competing business and legal issues that are present in every deal. I am fully invested in my clients and determined to ensure their interests are protected while helping them successfully capitalize on their opportunities.”
Chris’s career highlights include:
- Negotiating numerous commercial lease agreements for one of California’s largest privately held REITs, serving as master planner for a portfolio of high-end shopping centers in Southern California.
- The representation of national and regional shopping center developers in the acquisition and lease up of several big-box anchored shopping centers (g., Target, Wal-Mart, Costco, Sam’s Club, Kohl’s, Home Depot and Lowe’s).
- Advising a large, privately held real estate investment company in connection with leasing-up, repositioning, and redeveloping its vast portfolio of retail and retail-driven mixed-use properties in the western United States.
- The representation of a private real estate development company in the purchase of raw land, obtaining of entitlements, and the design and construction of finished lots for sale to national and regional homebuilders.
- The representation of a Fortune 500 company in the expansion of its network of communication sites, retail stores, and offices in the western United States.
Professional & Community Involvement
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Estate Division Member