Cheryl Nieman Brechlin
Email [email protected]
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Moot Court Honor Society
- B.B.A., Business Administration, The George Washington University, magna cum laude
- New York
Focused and persevering, she has handled day-to-day operations in high-stakes litigation for financial institutions – as well as represented developers, property owners, businesses, investors and tenants in complex transactional real estate and corporate matters.
“I always carefully consider the client’s perspective. My goal is to help my clients avoid litigation, and with this in mind, it’s crucial to take into account potential challenges, as well as my client’s timeline and appetite for risk.”
Before joining CGS3, Cheryl was an associate at the Law Offices of Robert P. Friedman in Bel Air, California, where she handled transactional real estate and prepared documentation relating to the acquisition, ownership, leasing, development, financing and sale of shopping centers, office buildings, industrial properties and apartment buildings. Prior to that, she was an associate with Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, LLP in New York, New York, litigating high-profile commercial cases in various areas of law including real estate, contracts, securities, products liability, antitrust, defamation, civil RICO and conspiracy claims.
Recent achievements include:
- Representation of retail developer in acquisition and financing of 315,000-square-foot shopping center in Panorama City, California sold by Macerich Co.
- Representation of landlord in lease to Snapchat (Snap Inc.) in Silicon Beach
- Representation of purchaser in connection with acquisition and financing of historic Koreatown retail plaza
- Representation of owner of numerous office buildings in leases with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Representation of commercial developer in acquisition and development of portfolio of Staples stores
- Representation of real estate investor in defeasance of portfolio of CMBS loans
Professional & Community Involvement
- Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles, Mentor
- Moriah Society of the American Jewish University, Executive Committee