Sean W. Southard
Email [email protected]
- J.D., Loyola Law School
- B.A., International Relations, University of
Sean Southard is a true leasing specialist whose ability to forge strong relationships throughout the real estate industry is matched only by his ability to process and apply market data about deal structures and terms to get the best result possible for his clients. He works quickly and efficiently, making him a master at high-velocity deals and allowing him easily to build the trust and confidence of his clients.
Over the past 10 years, Sean has successfully completed major leasing transactions totaling more than 5 million square feet of space across all sectors of commercial real estate, including retail, industrial and office. Sean also has extensive experience in the negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale transactions, sale-lease back transactions, ground lease transactions, development agreements, property management agreements and all other types of agreements relating to the use and development of real property.
“My goal is to leverage our wealth of data about deal structures to provide clients with legal insights that allow them to negotiate the best deal possible. “
Sean represents highly sophisticated institutional investors, developers, public home builders and entrepreneurial individuals in the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of retail, office, residential and mixed-use projects throughout the United States.
He is also a frequent lecturer at various legal educational seminars and a regular speaker at real estate industry trade group conferences and programs. He is the co-author of several published articles including, “Private Shopping Malls — The ‘Not-So-Private’ Private Property” and “Lease Workouts in Troubled Times.”
Professional & Community Involvement
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), San Diego Chapter
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter
- Southern California State Government Relations, Committee Chair (2009 – 2011) / Planning Committee
- San Diego Super Lawyers (2018-2019)
- Finalist, “Veteran & Military Entrepreneur,” San Diego Business Journal (2018)
- “50 Most Influential Leaders in San Diego”, The Daily Transcript (2017)
- “San Diego’s Top Attorneys,” San Diego Metropolitan (2017)
- “Best of the Bar,” San Diego Business Journal (2015-2016)
- “Readers’ Choice Top Influential,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2015)