A real estate and finance attorney for over a decade, Michael is a Harvard Law School grad who has successfully worked his way up the ranks at some of the nation’s largest law firms. Representing local and national real estate developers, owners and investors in buying, selling, leasing and financing commercial property, he concentrates his practice on office, industrial, retail and multi‐family projects.
“Real estate transactions demand expertise, experience and judgment. My clients rely on me to analyze risks, negotiate successfully on their behalf, and identify solutions that close their deals quickly.”
Throughout his legal career, Michael has remained keenly focused on his client’s needs and challenges – working hard to help them maximize value on multiple levels.
Most recently a partner with Solomon Ward Seidenwurm & Smith LLP, Michael began his career as an associate at Latham & Watkins in San Diego and later was of counsel at Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP in Del Mar.
Recent achievements include:
- Amended and restated Rose Bowl lease in connection with $152 million dollar Rose Bowl renovation project
- Build‐to‐suit lease transaction for approximately 50,000 square foot facility to include medical clinic space, medical office space and ambulatory surgery center
- Acquisition of 97,000 square foot shopping center located in San Diego, California
- Acquisition of Lake Tahoe restaurant and inn by owner of Homewood Mountain Resort
- Sale of industrial facilities located in Oakland, California; Chandler, Arizona; and Nampa, Idaho by court appointed receiver
- Sale of 80,000 square foot commercial building located in La Mirada, California
- Acquisition of 456‐unit multifamily project located in Vista, California
- Acquisition of 315‐unit multifamily project with 8,000 sq. ft. of retail space in Denver, Colorado
- Acquisition and disposition of 417,532 sq. ft. office project in San Jose, California
- Acquisition of undeveloped and partially developed real property by home builder clients