Dana I. Schiffman
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- MBA, University of California, Los Angeles, Anderson School of Management
- B.A. in Economics, University of California,
- B.S. in Biology, University of California,
Los Angeles, summa cum laude
When you need the seemingly impossible to be possible, call Dana Schiffman. Dana is a problem solver who thrives when he is applying his 31 years of experience to come up with out-of-the-box solutions to complex legal issues.
Dana is extremely well versed in a wide range of acquisition, development, leasing and financing matters for a variety of commercial real estate projects. Of particular note, Dana has in-depth knowledge of vertically integrated mixed-use projects, transit-oriented development, types and parking solutions and documentation and the entire spectrum of retail development. His experience includes large portfolio sales, development agreements, CC&Rs, complex ground leases, build-to-suit leases and anchor retail leases. Dana has lectured and authored various articles on development and leasing matters associated with shopping center ownership, development and tenancy.
“My favorite deals are those that haven’t been done before and require out-of-the-box solutions to complex legal issues.”
Dana has experience representing all types of clients: from the institutional to the entrepreneurial, whether developer, landlord, tenant, lender, borrower or investor. In addition, Dana has specific experience handling real estate matters both for and against governmental entities.
Professional & Community Involvement
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), San Diego Chapter Member
- San Diego Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2008, 2012-2018)
- “Best Lawyers in America,” San Diego, Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers (US News & World Report)
- “2017 Top Lawyers,” Real Property, San Diego Magazine (2017)
- “Lawyer of the Year,” San Diego, Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers (US News & World Report) (2017)
- AV Preeminent Rating, Real Property Law, Martindale-Hubbell