When it comes to keeping focused on the issues that matter, Craig Swanson is the attorney you want at your side. Craig takes a practical and pragmatic approach to commercial real estate to get things done. He works smart, hones in on what is important and drafts agreements succinctly — even when the most complex issues are involved.
“As land becomes more scarce, developers must be more creative in their approach to maximizing space and creating agreements involving mixed-use and air rights. Shopping centers are at the forefront of this change.”
With more than 28 years of experience, Craig specializes in the acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing of commercial and mixed-use projects. Craig’s clients include some of the nation’s leading real estate companies. Having negotiated the sale of numerous regional shopping centers throughout the United States, Craig is particularly well-versed in anticipating and addressing the needs of his clients in both the acquisition and sale of commercial real estate. He has extensive experience representing developers, from individuals to national corporations, in drafting and negotiating CC&Rs for industrial/business parks and reciprocal easement agreements (REAs) for shopping centers. Craig also has expertise on a broad range of leasing issues, representing both landlords and tenants.
Professional & Community Involvement
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), San Diego Chapter
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter
- “Best Lawyers in America — San Diego,” Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers (US News & World Report) (2019)
- “2017 Top Lawyers,” Real Estate, San Diego Magazine (2017)
- “Top 100 Influential Leaders in San Diego,” The Daily Transcript (2016)
- “San Diego’s Best Attorneys,” San Diego Metropolitan (2016)
- AV Preeminent Rating, Real Estate, Martindale-Hubbell