Services > Buy/Sell
Bottom Line Results
When it comes to the acquisition and disposition of property, there is more to a successful deal than purchase price alone. CGS3 helps investors, developers and end users negotiate commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions that meet their short- and long-term business needs.
In-depth industry insight is essential to getting transactions done right. We draw on our direct experience with a myriad of deal structures and terms to ensure that you are both legally protected and able to achieve your goals. Commercial property sales transactions do not happen in a vacuum. Existing leases, contracts, encumbrances and geographic nuances often greatly impact a project or create the potential for liability. Future use, development, management and financing issues all come into play when negotiating terms and conditions. From the letter of intent to closing, we look at the transaction in the context of all of these dimensions. Deep relationships with brokers, buyers, sellers, developers and others throughout the commercial real estate community help keep us abreast of market trends and allow us to work well with parties on all sides of the table. We know how to identify what matters, distill complex issues, and protect your legal interests — without slowing the pace of the transaction or burning bridges.
Shopping Centers and Retail. CGS3 offers a deep understanding of the shopping center industry backed by years of experience in the fields of shopping center acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing. We have handled hundreds of shopping center purchases or sales in various states, ranging from outparcel sales to entire regional malls.
Office and Industrial. We have an extremely broad base of experience with office, industrial, biotech and mixed-use acquisitions and dispositions.
Hotels and Resorts. We’ve been involved in numerous projects involving the buying, selling of hotels and hotels and resorts, as well as land parcels for future development.
Land Deals. We are regularly involved in the sale and purchase of land parcels to investors and developers planning future developments.
Multi-Family Residential. We also have significant experience in the acquisition and sale of apartment buildings.
Real Estate Portfolios. Our services additionally includes structuring, documenting and performing the wide range of due diligence required for acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio properties.
Learn more about our integrated commercial real estate services.
- Business and real estate negotiations
- Ownership interests
- Dissolution of business entities
- Breaches of contract and business torts
- Workouts and foreclosure of distressed property
- Landlord/tenant lease disputes
- Construction disputes
- Easements and other real property interests
- Land use decisions by public entities
- Employment agreements and issues
- Insurance claims
- Holders of personal guarantees
- Unlawful Detainers
- Pre-purchase/leasing due diligence
- California Planning, Zoning and Subdivision Law/obtaining entitlements from local jurisdictions and other agencies
- Rezoning and variances
- Master and general plan adoptions and amendments
- Zoning or building code enforcement actions
- Environmental enforcement actions by agencies regulating water quality, air quality, hazardous substances, and other resources
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance
- Impact fees, exactions and other conditions of development approvals
- Historic landmark designation and preservation
- Condemnation of property rights by public agencies
- Defense of administrative and judicial challenges to development approvals