FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sydnie Moore (619) 823-8448 Moore2com@gmail.com
CGS3 Partners Recognized in Legal System’s Preeminent Guide
Phil Jelsma Named “Lawyer of the Year”
SAN DIEGO (August 20, 2018) – Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson, LLP (CGS3) has announced that partner Phillip Jelsma has been selected by his peers as a San Diego “Lawyer of the Year” for Tax Law in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, a prestigious national ranking of attorneys selected through an exhaustive annual peer-review process. Four additional partners – Thomas Crosbie, Ray Gliner, Dana Schiffman and Craig Swanson – are featured in the 2019 edition in the Real Estate Law section.
This is the ninth year of recognition for both Jelsma and Schiffman, the second year for Crosbie and Gliner, and the first year Swanson has been recognized. Jelsma was also named “Lawyer of the Year” for Tax Law in San Diego in the 2011, 2016 and 2017 editions.
According to Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-reviewed publication in the legal profession, only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as a “Lawyer of the Year” – each is selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during peer-review assessments conducted with thousands of leading lawyers each year. The honor reflects the highest level of respect a lawyer has earned among other attorneys based on his or her abilities, professionalism and integrity.
Because of the exacting methodology involved, the annual ranking is regarded as the industry’s definitive guide to legal excellence. For three decades, Best Lawyers has become a resource for both lawyers and clients looking for top legal talent.
CGS3 provides services throughout the entire commercial real estate life cycle and Schiffman, Jelsma, Crosbie, Gliner and Swanson all have considerable experience in all aspects of commercial real estate and tax law:
- Schiffman is well-versed in a wide range of acquisition, development, leasing and financing matters for a variety of commercial real estate projects. His experience includes large portfolio sales, development agreements, CC&Rs, complex ground leases, build-to-suit leases and anchor retail leases.
- Jelsma is chair of the tax practice team at He is widely recognized as one of the state’s leading joint venture and tax attorneys, with a 30-year background in real estate exchange transactions, syndications, nonprofit corporations and international tax planning.
- Crosbie has extensive experience in a broad variety of commercial real estate areas, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, leasing and construction in connection with commercial, residential, industrial, retail and mixed-use projects for local, regional and national real estate developers and investors.
- Gliner has represented landlords in various complex lease provisions, including lease takeover provisions, extensive overlapping expansion and contraction rights, and build-to-suit work letter/construction and related commencement date issues.
- Swanson specializes in the acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing of commercial, retail and mixed-use projects, with clients including some of the nation’s leading real estate companies.
About Best Lawyers
Since 1983, Best Lawyers has compiled lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting extensive peer-review surveys in which thousands of top lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Because attorneys do not pay a fee for the listing, Best Lawyers has gained respect as the country’s most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. In addition to the print version, Best Lawyers in America is posted online at www.BestLawyers.com.
About Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3)
Since its inception in 2013, CGS3 has quickly established a reputation as one of the leading real estate law firms in Southern California, attracting some of the state’s finest real estate attorneys from both large corporate firms and senior in-house positions. With practice areas including land use, finance, acquisition/disposition, hospitality, entity formation, tax, development, leasing, distressed assets and litigation/disputes, CGS3 is located at 12750 High Bluff Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, and 10940 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles. For more information, visit http://www.cgs3.com.